Should Shows Be Cancelled?

I always think if a show is cancelled by a network or whatever, they should be told mid production of a Season or before the Christmas break, so they can end it properly, rather than a stupid cliffhanger that won't be resolved at all. Carnivale was a good show, was cancelled after two seasons and ended with a... show more I always think if a show is cancelled by a network or whatever, they should be told mid production of a Season or before the Christmas break, so they can end it properly, rather than a stupid cliffhanger that won't be resolved at all.

Carnivale was a good show, was cancelled after two seasons and ended with a cliffhanger,

It is more annoying when there is a running story, Star Trek The Original Series, was great and it's cancellation was sad but it was ways 'monster of the week' sort of thing, no continuing story.

Person Of Interest got It right, it is one of the greatest shows ever made in my opinion, it did four full seasons and did a shorter Season 5 to wrap up the show.

Should shows be resolved before cancellation? Is there really any point In watching a show that was cancelled?