My boyfriend is in the army and told me his platoon is doing bad things and is afraid to whistle blow because he might be charged?

My boyfriend is in a platoon in the army and he said his platoon is blood thirsty and doesn't know who to run to. My boyfriend is Jewish and when he was on leave we went to synagogue and he told me about how he witnessed guys in his platoon steal guns from enemy fighters and kill civilians and plant them. My... show more My boyfriend is in a platoon in the army and he said his platoon is blood thirsty and doesn't know who to run to. My boyfriend is Jewish and when he was on leave we went to synagogue and he told me about how he witnessed guys in his platoon steal guns from enemy fighters and kill civilians and plant them. My boyfriend said after his deployment he's being promoted and won't have to deal with this stuff but he doesn't know if he should tell or not. He had a tape recorder with tapes of conversations of guys in his platoon bragging while they were drunk or high. I'm terrified that if he goes back his platoon might kill him. He said no one suspects him and he gave me a key to a safety deposit box that we both have amd said if he died he wanted me to take what was in it to the military police. This is out of control and I told him to go talk to someone while on leave but he said it's too risky because some of the guys in his platoon are on leave as well or retired and they might try to kill him.