1. Dont use the brush. Or if you insist on using the brush, powerwash it first. Why? The brush has can have rocks in it which will scratch paint.
2. Clear coat protectant is a myth. Not necessary. Waste of money. Dont need it.
3. Use just hand wax it. Makes it shinier. Use Maguiars. Spray on wax dont make it that shiny. Plus its sexy for a girl to hand wax a car.
4. And if be sure to tell them NOT TO USE THAT DAMN BRUSH. If you are driving something older than 1984, it the brush could reveal oxidation on the paint. Which can be frustrating to buff out. But again, use Maguiars to remove all paint oxidation.
5. Last but not least, stay away from Armorall for any rubber, vinyl, or leather. It contains silicon which hardens vinyl and leather and cause it to dry out and crack faster. Plus you have to keep using it to keep the surfaces moist. No bueno. Use Mothers or Maguiars or something. Something which doesnt have silicone.