What is the deal about New Atheism?

I am a proud Catholic, and I have absolutely no problem with someone who is an Atheist or wants to be one. I also have no disregard of modern science. I was reading about New Atheism and the Four Horsemen recently out of curiosity and to expand my current knowledge, and I had some questions. The first main thing... show more I am a proud Catholic, and I have absolutely no problem with someone who is an Atheist or wants to be one. I also have no disregard of modern science. I was reading about New Atheism and the Four Horsemen recently out of curiosity and to expand my current knowledge, and I had some questions.

The first main thing that I had a question on was what was entailed in the beliefs of "New Atheism"? The definition is: "This modern-day atheism is advanced by a group of thinkers and writers who advocate the view that superstition, religion and irrationalism should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized, and exposed by rational argument wherever their influence arises in government, education, and politics." I understand the separation of church and state listed in the First Amendment (which I agree with) but there is also the freedom to practice religion as well guaranteed by the First Amendment. I looked at the definition, and I watched some youtube videos on the topic, and it seems as if these "New Atheists" want to destroy churches, not allow people to vote based upon religious principles, or practice any semblance of religion outside of their home , and also that they want religious people to violate their principles and/or religious values whenever it conflicts with secular interests (which all these to me seems like persecution and bigotry). Criticism of religion is welcomed, and one thing, but to "destroy" and combat religion is terrible.

Please clarify.
Update: Religious people should not force Atheists to violate their beliefs, and Atheists should not force religious people to violate theirs. PERIOD.
Update 2: Any Catholic who believes someone is going to hell for any reason is an idiot and a fraud. The bible teaches us that it is only God's place to determine who is going to hell, and who isn't, so to claim that I say that you are "spawns of Satan" or "Going to hell for being an Atheist" is... show more Any Catholic who believes someone is going to hell for any reason is an idiot and a fraud. The bible teaches us that it is only God's place to determine who is going to hell, and who isn't, so to claim that I say that you are "spawns of Satan" or "Going to hell for being an Atheist" is erroneous. Judge people as individuals, not as a collective.
Update 3: Many of you have made the assertion that I am wrong, and since my beliefs are not "the empirical truth", that I have no right to believe them. Well that is not your decision to make, if I want to believe things that are "erroneous", that is my choice, and you must respect that whether you agree... show more Many of you have made the assertion that I am wrong, and since my beliefs are not "the empirical truth", that I have no right to believe them. Well that is not your decision to make, if I want to believe things that are "erroneous", that is my choice, and you must respect that whether you agree with them or not because I PERSONALLY am not infringing ing upon your beliefs, I don't care what other fake Catholics are doing.