Got an F in my first coding class ever in computer science , try again or switch majors?

so my first coding class ever in college was a course called " intro to programming " and it was taught in python 3 language. Basically i really liked the beginning , it would teach us about printing , inputs , for loops , while loops , and that good stuff . When we got to the harder stuff , " lists... show more so my first coding class ever in college was a course called " intro to programming " and it was taught in python 3 language. Basically i really liked the beginning , it would teach us about printing , inputs , for loops , while loops , and that good stuff . When we got to the harder stuff , " lists , 2D files , strings " i struggled alot because i couldn't keep up with the class. Exam comes and I totally bombed it cuz it was mostly lists and 2D lists. The requirement to pass the course is a 51 percent in the exam which i couldnt get. I really like programming but it was 100 percent my fault for not keeping up with the class. Should I retake it or switch into a different major?