What is time? I'm finding it hard to get my head around. It isn't just motion, as, even if all objects were still, there could?

hypothetically be, say, a second-hand ticking. Surely if all possible particles and objects in the world, were still, and the following is what I'm wondering about, that wouldn't then be time stopped, right? And say going back in time. Well, if it's the reverse of objects, if I hypothetically move a... show more hypothetically be, say, a second-hand ticking. Surely if all possible particles and objects in the world, were still, and the following is what I'm wondering about, that wouldn't then be time stopped, right? And say going back in time. Well, if it's the reverse of objects, if I hypothetically move a ball, and then if possible moved the ball back to the exact start point. While other stuff in the world has carried on, did that ball go back in time? And is it then back in time several seconds, while existing along-side the rest of the world? By that logic, is tons of stuff out of the continual flow? If time is something else, then what is it? And how do people theorize going back and forth in it? Thank you very much