Why do a lot of people dislike feminists?

I'm currently 15 years old and I consider myself as an activist and a feminist. I've recently noticed that a lot of people really HATE feminists and I just don't understand why. As I was watching a youtube video about this lady who supports feminism, I scrolled down to the comment section and I saw so... show more I'm currently 15 years old and I consider myself as an activist and a feminist. I've recently noticed that a lot of people really HATE feminists and I just don't understand why. As I was watching a youtube video about this lady who supports feminism, I scrolled down to the comment section and I saw so much hate. Some people called her "stupid" or things like "this just gave me cancer". I understand that some people think feminists hate men and some of the time that is the case (and I completely disagree with those feminists who hate men). But in reality, feminism is the belief in the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes. But again I don't understand why there is so much hate being passed around.
10 answers 10