Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Why do people give a damn about slavery? Everyone involved is long dead, why do liberals still blame White people?

The fact that the liberals try to blame a whole race for slavery ludicrious

A crime is committed by a person not by a race.

Why should a White person today feel guilty for something that happened in the 1800s, only because he happens to be the same race as the perpetrators?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Because a lot of white people really miss slavery and really want to bring it back. If a majority of people in this country became extreme right wing Republicans you and I both know that America would become a Christian caliphate with Sharia type laws for sinners. Public hangings of abortion doctors, the reinstatementof all "Jim Crow" laws and perhaps even slavery in some places.

I dont fear that this will happen but I know there are quite a few people who want this to happen. And that is why the Right is so scary.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • kate
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

The only reason I hear slavery mentioned today is in reference to the civil war statues that are being taken down right now; some of whom honor people who fought for slavery.

Other than that, I have to open a history book to hear about it.

Feeling guilty is optional. I think acceptance is more necessary, because there were long-lasting consequences of that system. But what that means is entirely up to you.

• Jeff S
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

BS only people I hear talking about it are people trying to use it for political gain of some kind.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

what about all the white people who died fighting for the slaves freedom? why doesn’t anyone talk about them?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

Democrats are responsible for Slavery. They are responsible for most anything to do with

phony assertions by the left to care for Blacks.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.