Can you register a car in a different state with tickets?

I'm moving from California back to Illinois so I'll need to register my car in that state but I have a parking ticket and a citation, will those violations follow me and I'll have to pay them before I can get my new plate sticker in Illinois?

Are you suspended in California? If you are, suspended in one US state is suspended in ALL US states.

"You can run but you cannot hide"

What, you think Illinois has no way of finding out about those fines? That maybe everyone working at the state government has just never heard of this new computer network thing? Or possibly they'll say "well, you have to pay off all fines from our state, but we don't really care about violations from anywhere else."?

It don't work that way, dummy.

• Ron

Registering a car won't be a problem. Getting an Illinois drivers license will

• bo

yes and will have tp pay those off if not no Illinois license till you do

You will end up having warrants out on you in Ca. but you can register it in IIlinois..

• Bob

no they will not

Yes, you'll be asked if you have or had a license in another state

if you look at the dmv website for both CA and OK there should be an answer

no as long as you have the title