How to stop dog pulling on walks?

I have a 8 month golden retriever who likes to pull on walks. I feel like we’ve tried everything to get him to stop and I don’t know what else to do. We’ve tried walking him on his collar, on a harness that connects at the front, on a harness that connects at the back, on several different “no pull” harnesses or... show more I have a 8 month golden retriever who likes to pull on walks. I feel like we’ve tried everything to get him to stop and I don’t know what else to do.

We’ve tried walking him on his collar, on a harness that connects at the front, on a harness that connects at the back, on several different “no pull” harnesses or harnesses that tighten when he pulls. We’ve tried face harnesses such as Halti and gentle leader.

We’ve tried teaching him to heel, we’ve tried giving little tugs or pulls (gently of course) on the lead.

We’ve tried just keeping the lead really loose but he just goes as far forward as he can then continues to pull. We’ve tried harnesses with handles on his back so that we can pull him back when he pulls us, but as soon as we let go he just rushes forward again.

We don’t let him off lead because when we have done this in (smallish) fenced areas he won’t come back, and that’s a place where there are no other dogs or wildlife to distract him.

Please help if you know what we could do, I’m starting to get a lot of backache trying to walk him.

Thanks.
Update: I train with my dog everyday and am already enrolled in training classes. I’ve spent a lot of time researching, trying to find out the best way to teach my dog each new thing. Some of the people answering on here seem to assume that I spend no time or effort in training him. I’m working very hard with him, and he’s... show more I train with my dog everyday and am already enrolled in training classes. I’ve spent a lot of time researching, trying to find out the best way to teach my dog each new thing. Some of the people answering on here seem to assume that I spend no time or effort in training him. I’m working very hard with him, and he’s coming along really well. It’s just the walking that I’m having some issues with. If you’re going to be unkind or abusive, please don’t answer.