Why do we use the word 'fix' when referring to spaying and neutering cats and dogs?

While I am not saying you shouldn't spay/neuter them, I'm curious as to why people use the word 'fix' when referring to it. You're not fixing the animal, if anything you're breaking him/her. It's not natural to spay/neuter them. It's not particularly 'right' either. Most... show more While I am not saying you shouldn't spay/neuter them, I'm curious as to why people use the word 'fix' when referring to it.
You're not fixing the animal, if anything you're breaking him/her. It's not natural to spay/neuter them. It's not particularly 'right' either. Most humans should be 'fixed'. Most humans shouldn't breed. But if you say that, people just complain saying they have the right to breed. To them, I say, no, no you do not.
Update: It's not natural to breed as much as humans do. Maybe we should start force fixing humans, after all, if we do it to cats and dogs, it can't be wrong to do it to humans.
Update 2: You not fixing anything though, the use of the word 'fix' when referring to spaying or neutering animals, is misuse of the word, as there is nothing wrong with the animal and he/she does not require fixing. Fixing an animal would be something like, the animal having a broken leg and the correct procedure... show more You not fixing anything though, the use of the word 'fix' when referring to spaying or neutering animals, is misuse of the word, as there is nothing wrong with the animal and he/she does not require fixing.
Fixing an animal would be something like, the animal having a broken leg and the correct procedure was done to fix the animal and mend the leg, in that case the animal has been fixed because the leg that was broken is now fixed.
Update 3: I never said I was against it, I said using the word 'fix' when referring to it is wrong, because you are not fixing anything, idiot.
and if animals have no right to breed, humans have no right to breed.