Soreness in between my thumb and index finger when playing guitar?

I’ve been playing guitar for a few years now and I’d still classify myself as a beginner cause I haven’t played all that much. I know all basic chords and strum patterns. It whenever i play a song with mainly bar chords in it, after a few minutes of playing those chords non stop, the muscle in between my thumb and... show more I’ve been playing guitar for a few years now and I’d still classify myself as a beginner cause I haven’t played all that much. I know all basic chords and strum patterns. It whenever i play a song with mainly bar chords in it, after a few minutes of playing those chords non stop, the muscle in between my thumb and index finger starts to get sore and hurt, like when your at the gym lifting weights.

I’ve been looking online and some people say play through it and get the muscle stronger, over time, the pain will go away. Others say it’s not normal and advise me to go seek medical treatment.

Now let me remind you again, even though I’ve been playing guitar for a few years, I’m still a beginner.

Is this normal?
What should I do?