Cost to import dog from German to US?

The breed I want is extremely cheap overseas.. But wonderong if cost of shipping added to that makes it worthwhile to import a pet puppy? A friend is visiting from Germany this summer, so would it be cheaper if pup is flown as cargo with a passenger? Only answer if you have actual experience with importing dogs. show more The breed I want is extremely cheap overseas.. But wonderong if cost of shipping added to that makes it worthwhile to import a pet puppy?

A friend is visiting from Germany this summer, so would it be cheaper if pup is flown as cargo with a passenger?

Only answer if you have actual experience with importing dogs.
Update: There is no quarantine coming into the US.

I merely asked for an average price.. Not told that its a bad idea. If its cheaprr to buy a pup and import it than to buy from a greedy US breed, that is exactly what I am going to do!
Update 2: I just want a dog of a particular breed. Even good lines are crazy cheap compared to costs here.

I am NOT going to buy here, because breeders here want WAY too much for a puppy!
Update 3: Seriously.. I see SHOW BREEDERS overseas selling pups for what currency exchange says is about $400 USD. A show breeder here wants $1200-1600 for a PET