Help me get my dog to stop barking!?

My 6 month old, 75 lb, black lab is so noisy. He demand barks about everything and never stops. I’ve tried ignoring him, consistently saying “quiet” and holding his mouth shut, every time he barks, but every time I let go he barks at me in retaliation and so starts the cycle of bark grab mouth shut, bark grab mouth... show more My 6 month old, 75 lb, black lab is so noisy. He demand barks about everything and never stops. I’ve tried ignoring him, consistently saying “quiet” and holding his mouth shut, every time he barks, but every time I let go he barks at me in retaliation and so starts the cycle of bark grab mouth shut, bark grab mouth shut....

I have also tried spraying him in the face with a squirt bottle, that worked at first but now he seems like he enjoys it and barks more so that I will spray him.

He barks when he wants pet, he barks when he wants to play, he barks when I read a book or so anything that isn’t giving him attention, and I can’t take it anymore I’m losing it and I look like a lunatic.

Ideas? Help? He’s a great dog but he needs to stop barking all the time. It’s awful.