Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 years ago

Can you use a numbing cream before putting on a condom?

I want to know if I can put on a numbing cream before I use a condom and will that ruin the condom or anything?

The condom won't feel anything.

Check the ingredients on the cream-- if it has petroleum jelly in it, then no, at least not with latex condoms. You'd need to use one of the non-latex condoms if so. But if there is no petroleum jelly, which can break down latex, then should be fine to use that.

If it is water based it will not cause a problem with the condom. If it is oil based then it will cause the condom to fail. Either way, it might numb you so much you get no feeling during the sex and you will lose your erection.

Yes you can, just make sure you don't get any numbing cream on your partner. Read the label, if it's not safe to use with a condom it should say so on the label.

As long as it is NOT oil based, you're good to go.

If it has things like petroleum jelly/oil or mineral oil in it, it's oil based and can reduce/ruin the efficiency of your condom.