Advice on becoming a dj?

im 17 and want to learn it as a hobby and maybe in the future more than a hobby. but ive never touched dj equipment. i want to make music like marshmello's (edm dj) and also remix other people songs like marshmello used to do. whats the best thing to buy as i dont want to spend a whole lot of money, espically... show more im 17 and want to learn it as a hobby and maybe in the future more than a hobby. but ive never touched dj equipment. i want to make music like marshmello's (edm dj) and also remix other people songs like marshmello used to do. whats the best thing to buy as i dont want to spend a whole lot of money, espically if its on the wrong equipment. im sure its the digital type i want to learn. what software do i use aswell? ive heard of virtual dj and ableton, but ableton is like £70 and virtual dj wont download on my laptop. so basically whats the best equipment and software to buy thats cheap, if i want to remix and be in some what like marshmello. also is there anywhere or someone i can get advice from online like an actual dj website? thanks for any advice x
1 answer 1