Do you think my donkey experiencing laminitis or founder?

I have a small donkey that I know is at risk for founder. I've been treating him for white line disease and have him on a diet as he was very overweight. A few months ago, he had an abscess from white line disease. I thought the abscess was coming back, as one of his feet feels warmer than the others and he... show more I have a small donkey that I know is at risk for founder. I've been treating him for white line disease and have him on a diet as he was very overweight.

A few months ago, he had an abscess from white line disease. I thought the abscess was coming back, as one of his feet feels warmer than the others and he often holds it so that he doesn't bear much weight on it.

What's really worrying me is that his coronet band is soft and sinks a bit in the middle of his foot. I'm afraid he may have foundered, but he doesn't seem to be in much if any pain. Should I call his vet?