What are some things you would tell your younger equestrian self?
1) Just because the ponies you grew up riding were diffucult, it doesn’t make you a horse trainer.
2) Set your goals small, stop thinking you have the ability to jump in big shows when you only jump small courses at home
3) Don’t waste money on bling (think matchy matchy gear) spend your money on lessons.
4) Pay attention when the horse acts up instead of immediately considering it to be training issues
5) Plan ahead, whenever everything is going well be very cautious, something not only CAN go wrong but WILL go wrong.
6) You don’t need a foal
7) You don’t need a wild horse
8) Take the harsh advice other people give you and learn from it rather than crying about it.
9) No matter how good you are at riding, people will always be better than you, and that’s ok.
10) Don’t fall for the cheap prices horses sell for, you will end up spending so much more time, money and tears than you would if you had just bought a regular horse.