Getting medical bills that went to collections off credit report?

Around 2 years ago I went to the emergency room for a really intense cough I had. A few months later I went again for I can't even remember what. I have insurance, but I still ended up owing almost $900 for the first visit, and about $120 for the second. I paid the $120 fairly quickly, but the $900 went to... show more Around 2 years ago I went to the emergency room for a really intense cough I had. A few months later I went again for I can't even remember what. I have insurance, but I still ended up owing almost $900 for the first visit, and about $120 for the second. I paid the $120 fairly quickly, but the $900 went to collections. I haven't been in a good financial state, so I haven't been able to pay it. I received a letter last December saying they'd settle for $600 if I paid in full within a few weeks, unfortunately I wasn't able to pay that either. I recently made a payment plan with them to pay the debt, I was just wondering what steps I could take to get it off my credit report. So far it's brought it down almost 100 points, I really want to get that back up to where I had it.