Numerica overdraft fees?

When I created my account I was told I had an overdraft protection of 75 dollars, and it would then be declined. I was warned that using that 75 could result in a fee. I do not check my account regularly, only open the bank app and check the balance - I was unaware that my balance being in parenthesis meant that it... show more When I created my account I was told I had an overdraft protection of 75 dollars, and it would then be declined. I was warned that using that 75 could result in a fee. I do not check my account regularly, only open the bank app and check the balance - I was unaware that my balance being in parenthesis meant that it was overdrawn. I somehow got up to an overdrawn amount of almost 700 dollars because my small purchases accumulated $30 for each transaction. I found my paperwork from when I signed up and I did opt into "courtesy pay," - but nowhere could I find anything that stated a limit on the amount. I was told 75. When I called about this they told me that after one month itgoes up to 700. Nothing to show either of those things in paperwork. I would not have continued to make small purchases if I had known about this. I was expecting my card to be declined once I hit 75 dollars, but I was depositing my checks not realizing that most of that was being taken out for overdraft fees. They charged me almost 1000 dollars just in fees within a two week period. I should have been more careful and checked my account, however, with there not being anything showing a limit of 75, or a limit of 700, am I within my rights to ask that they dismiss all charges after the first 75 dollars was accrued? Particularly since they admit that it began as 75, but supposedly increased to 700 after a month and there is no indication of that in the paperwork.
8 answers 8