I have no live insects, what can I feed a house spider (in England the big type with long legs not chubby looking wolf spider)?

I have slight phobia of spiders meaning if they stay in one area I don't mind but when they're the type to be running around, getting inside of my slippers, on/in my bed or sitting near my feet or other inconvenient (and potentially dangerous for him too) places I get the shudders and have to put them... show more I have slight phobia of spiders meaning if they stay in one area I don't mind but when they're the type to be running around, getting inside of my slippers, on/in my bed or sitting near my feet or other inconvenient (and potentially dangerous for him too) places I get the shudders and have to put them outside.
I nearly crushed this spider last night as it got in my slippers, I caught it and put it in a clear plastic tub that has air holes. Ive had dramatic day and forgot about it so decided to do it this evening but I'm now locked in until tomorrow morning. I don't want to drop him out of a window of 3 flights as others have suggested sliders are not that invincible.
I'm worried because it's been very hot he'll be getting dehydrated. He does not look well fed. I've soaked some toilet roll in spring water and thrown some spinach leaf in as don't have any undefrosted meat. And all I have is duck necks and whole livers anyway which too big for a spider.
Is there anything else I can try, or will I just have to hope he survives until morning? There is one big fly in the building, little chance of me or him catching it