I have 2 grown sons (34 and 31). Their father was abusive towards me. I literally ran out of the house one night and never returned.?

The night that happened my older son was staying overnite at his grandmas, but I had my younger son with me. They saw a lot of arguing and kaos. I thought I set a good example by leaving my husband. Now my sons talk to me disrespectfully, and accuse me of abusing them when they were little. It is not so. Why is... show more The night that happened my older son was staying overnite at his grandmas, but I had my younger son with me. They saw a lot of arguing and kaos. I thought I set a good example by leaving my husband. Now my sons talk to me disrespectfully, and accuse me of abusing them when they were little. It is not so. Why is the abuse repeating itself when I did the right thing? I was a single mom after that, moved them to another state, and was always there for them. Now they are both married with one son each. Where did I go wrong?