How to make friends in highschool?

I’m 16 and a sophomore. I have no social life and I would like to change that. I can’t join any clubs or do any after school activities. I’m not shy but introverted. How can I get a new group of friends.

• Bandz

Say hi to people you sit with in class. Ask them questions if you think they can give clarification or to compare answers on certain questions. Ask casual questions about their personal life (e.g. where they plan on going after high school, their best subject, whether they have x-teacher, if they’ve ever worked, maybe if they’ve ever dated or what girls they’re into, etc). Maybe ask some opinion questions: I want to get a new phone but I’m trying to decide between this one and that one, what do you think?

Try sitting next to some new people at lunch. See if they're nice and let you in. When you go to classes, say hi to people sitting next to you and compliment people on shoes, outfits, hair, etc. Girls used to think I was hitting on them in HS because I would let them know I liked their hair that day or their nails if they were painted. Everyone was very nice about it and if you do it genuinely and smile at people, they'll be very nice back. I'm 25 now and it's hard to make friends as an adult so I have to do the same thing at church and work if I want to meet new people and I've met a lot of really nice people doing so.

just do it man