Is Cornwall acoubty of England or not?

I apologise if this question sounds stupid but I've always thought that Cornwall was just another county like Devon, except it kept its older traditional language. I've looked up history of Cornwall and nearly all the resources say that it's a county. However a few are now saying that it is not a county... show more I apologise if this question sounds stupid but I've always thought that Cornwall was just another county like Devon, except it kept its older traditional language.
I've looked up history of Cornwall and nearly all the resources say that it's a county. However a few are now saying that it is not a county in England but a duchy instead. And now a few people are saying that Cornwall is not part of England at all but a nation in its own right. What??? I'm so extremely confused by this.
People say that Cornwall in England is the same as Brittany in France. They're both part of the country but in terms of law they're seperate. So they're a unity instead of a region or county. Is this true?
Cornwall has always partnered with Devon in many organisations and laws. Basically that's like saying that Devon is not part of England aswell which would be ridiculous because it clearly is. Devon has always been part of England. They also have their own flag aswell like Cornwall but that doesn't mean it's seperate. It's a shire county.

So what's all this about Cornwall duchy. And what's been this independence thing aswell? If it's a county or a duchy then how could it or would it cope independendence?