My pc is having lots of problems and I have assignments to work on that's on it!?

I got on today to do some of my animation work. I tried booting up a game called fortnite as a time to take a bit of a break. While I did that it had said error and not loaded so I decided that maybe it has something to do with how I need to update my windows 10 to the latest version. I had pressed update and restart on my computer and when that had happened all it did was restart and show me a no wifi signal bottom right even if I am using an ethernet cable and the cable was fine. After that, it did not pop up the login screen. I tried opening my bios and opening it in safe mode but all it did was open it to the login again. I waited half an hour and it finally showed me the login and all my files were there but I had no internet, my firewall & network protection was disabled and my audio had problems. Also, all my video files seemed to not open. How can I fix this? I need serious help!

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Andy T
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Totally messed up, do you have a backup computer? That sounded totalled, just transport your assignment documents to safety, reinstall the whole computer, in the mean time, use your backup machine if available, you know, like a big enterprise.

Enterprises have backups, for both data and process, that's software and hardware, in laymen terms, that's tape drive (or offline drives) and RAID.

• 2 years ago

Stop playing fortnite

• 2 years ago

Find a shop, look into getting it fixed or replaced.

• 2 years ago

that's a difficult question

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

i'm not sure

• 2 years ago

I had some problems with the windows 10 update on my pc and if you got it started in windows safe mode and shut down to a powered off state and it still has problems starting up in normal mode you might need a geek to fix it

• 2 years ago

if your using a wifi dongle update those drivers if not and its built into motherboard

heres some ways to trouble shoot issues

network reset

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom then click Network reset.

second try

Right click the Taskbar

Click Taskbar settings

Scroll down to Notification area

Click Turn system icons on or off

Toggle on Network

if that doesnt work

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot

Scroll down

Click Network adapters

Click Run the Troubleshooter

When complete, restart to see if the problem is fixed.

if this hasnt work try the following

last resort

If not, press Windows key + X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network adapters

Right click your adapter

Click Uninstall

Exit Device Manager, restart. Windows 10 should detect the network adapter then reinstall it. Check if you can connect and browse.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

With Windows 10 it is better to just download the .iso file of Windows and do a clean install. Which you can do from another system. A friend's computer, a relatives laptop, etc.. whatever. The Windows 10 updates are notorious for breaking systems. After you install Windows 10 make sure you got all the latest drivers. That is very important!! Another thing you can do is clean out your system. Get all the dust out of the heatsink, heat sink fan, case fans, etc. As for animation. You may have an outdated or underperforming video card. It would not hurt to do an upgrade. You can get a new one overnighted from NewEgg or Amazon. If you got the money for all that. As to which video card is the best for your needs though that's a separate question. Better to ask someone on here who is an expert in video cards. There is a separate section for those questions. I believe its called "add ons" if I am not mistaken.

Edit1:

On mother's computer. Windows 10 updates corrupted the partition table on the raid array (Raid 0). Had to partition and format and do a clean install. I then booted into windows and set virtual memory which somehow caused the system to not even restart after shutdown. It came up with "No operating system" I then reinstalled windows for a second time but it started up and shut down immediately thereafter. I then put in a new power supply figuring the one installed was shorting out or just bad in some other way. It still did the same. So I figured it was overheating.

I then pulled the fans and cpu and all and cleaned out the system. There was lots of dust in the system so it very well could of been overheating. It still would not start though. Upon inspection I found several broken pins on the cpu socket. Which is not covered under warranty. A pice of food and/or dust from the heat sink and heatsink fan got underneath the cpu some how. Which bent the pins when I removed the cpu for cleaning off and then reapply thermal paste and then reseating.

Nevertheless, I am now happening to do a complete rebuild. Got a new case, motherboard, etc. NOT exactly the same problem you got. This all started with the stupid Windows 10 updates though which is the point I am making. Before doing any updates the system was running perfectly. No errors, faults, or anything.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

A lot of problems that seem to be compounding on each other. The best course of action would be to take it to a place like Geek Squad at Best Buy to have them take a look. But if you can't do that, or don't want to pay them. One quick fix would be to do a non-destructive reinstall of the OS, aka an In-Place Upgrade Install of Windows 10. This type of reinstall keeps all of your data and programs intact, but it overwrites the OS with a fresh copy, bringing it back to the factory default state. The advantage is that all of your programs and data remain intact because the next step is a complete reinstall of the OS, which will also destroy the programs and data (unless you back them up).

You can follow the instructions on this site to tell you how to do it:

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade | Windows 10 Tutorials

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-i...

• 2 years ago

A new windows update causes this issue. Hopefully you will have the driver disk from the manufacturer. Just re install the drivers and you will be ok.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.