How will believers in evolution react to recent discoveries that all life came into being at the same time, as Genesis 1 describes?

Update:

The study says only "100,000 years ago"... What say evolution believers?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

    Well someone doesn t get 9/10. That means that 90% of life came upon Earth. We could ve been the other 10% hmm?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • CRR
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    Well you've seen how they will react.

    [later]

    The study says that 9 out of ten species, including humans, arose 100,000 - 200,000 years ago; almost simultaneously and recently in evolutionary terms. It also says that species cluster into galaxies (genera) that are well separated from other galaxies.

    These results are consistent with a relatively recent creation and/or a severe worldwide bottleneck, with speciation with each kind.

    Their estimate of 100,000 - 200,000 years ago is probably based on normal population genetics assumptions of large population sizes and could reduce significantly if the possibility of reduction to less than 10 breeding pairs is considered.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    I would think the article is wrong. Or you read it wrong. I'm going for the latter. All life was not created at once. That's obviously false.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    Hi Freddy - sadly, any of those who are duped & deceived by Satan will never give up their fantasies of this so called "evolution" mumbo jumbo...............most are not even aware of the blindness that the Enemy has placed over them, so they will still believe that humans "evolved" from a tadpole that swam onshore somewhere, or that we "evolved" from apes

    and for those who wish to spew negative answers to my question - just keep it to yourselves

    • ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

      Evolution is a scientific fact. The Pope accepted it in the 1950s, and so do all educated Christians. Only illiterate creationists feebly deny it.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • MARK
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    It would appear you did not read the article to which you provided a link. It does not say that all life came into existence at the same time. I shall repeat that because it is worth repeating. It does not say that all life came into existence at the same time.

    You are faced with several problems. Those who believe the Judeo-Christian creation myth to be true think it happened under 10,000 years ago. This research does not make a single claim that life is not billions of years old. Another problem is which version of the Judeo-Christian myth you do follow. Is it the one in Genesis 1 or that in Genesis 2? They are not the same. A final problem to leave you to ponder is why should your version of the creation myth be true? Why not the Muslim, Buddhist or any other creation myth be true?

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 years ago

    All life did not come into being at the same time. If you go looking for elephants, horses, humans, and cows in rocks containing dinosaurs, you won't find any.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    The article says nine out of ten species came into being around that time. Nine out of ten is not "all". Crocodiles have been around for over 100 million years.

    Try not to be such a dipshit.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 years ago

    With laughter at your interpretation.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    Please kill yourself.

  • 2 years ago

    That isn't what the study says at all actually. You should read it a again for comprehension. It says 9-10 species on Earth TODAY came into being BETWEEN 100-200K years ago. That makes perfect sense actually, and jives quite well with evolutionary theory.

    "It is more likely that—at all times in evolution—the animals alive at that point arose relatively recently."

    In this view, a species only lasts a certain amount of time before it either evolves into something new or goes extinct." -- Directly from one of the guys who did the study.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.