How do I immigrate to a foreign country?

I currently live in the United States and I would like to immigrate to a country in Europe preferiably Germany since I am learning to speak Gernan. I don’t hate America thats not why I want to leave. I know its extremely complicated to switch countries but I would like to know what requirements I need to meet to move to another country. How do I move to a foreign country?

11 Answers

  • 2 years ago

    By boat

  • 2 years ago

    Each country in the world has requirements you need to meet in order to qualify for a work visa.

    Step 1 - review the work visa requirements for Germany, and see if you meet them.

  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    You need to be able to do a job that nobody in the eu can do. Or marry a citizen of an EU country.

  • 2 years ago

    You marry a citizen of Germany who qualifies to sponsor you for residence there.

    The USA allows dual nationality so a US citizen who moves abroad - even permanently - is not required by the USA to give up their US citizenship.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 years ago

    I am learning to speak Gernan.

    For immigration purposes you need the vocabulary of the work place.

    more than just basic conversation skills.

    I know its extremely complicated to switch countries TRUE Each country has their specific NEEDS for the immigrants they want.

    What need do your education and work history provide that the other place NEEDS? The world is over supplied in recent graduates with no experience.

    As a general rule about age 25 with at least a Masters degree for a good chance.

    Each country has their specific Immigration page for their procedures and requirements.

    most can be found from the USA Embassy in Washington web site many countries have.

    Expect a cost to move to be about $10,000 or more to cover all the associated stuff you do for a move.

    You may want to try for a work holiday type of visa. Limited in number but easy to qualify for.

    Australia,Ireland,Korea,New Zealand for example.

    An estimated ONE BILLION on the planet want to move some other place.

    What makes you special and better than the others is what you show on an application for a visa.

    The days of wandering the planet at will are long past.

    It was abused by many.

    For Germany start here.

    There are other places German is used.

  • 2 years ago

    You must qualify for residency, perhaps eventual citizenship (don't count on that with Germany or some other countries). Each country sets their own required qualifications, procedures. So what are your qualifications? Can you even qualify for temporary employment visa?

    Since you have no clue as to potential processes, procedures, qualifications required, suggest you get a copy of Bob Bauman's book, The Passport Book. This volume covers a vast number of countries with basic info on their immigration laws, and resources for further research. Available amazon & elsewhere. Get it. Study it. Then get some ideas of what education, training, experience, specialized expertise, etc, might help you be acceptable to some country or other.

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    you don't state age ..skills etc ..a high end degree is a must ...

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    What do you have to offer that any other country needs or wants? A high level STEM degree and years of work experience in a STEM field? As that is the minimum starting point you need before you can even look for a job advertised by employers who are prepared to sponsor a work visa for a foreign national

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    I’ll be honest with you, I don’t think you will be happy in Germany as I know a lot of Germans who head the other way. I moved to the USA, everyone was so friendly. I had no trouble making friends. In Germany, you might struggle with friendship because you’re not fluent in German I pressume. My advice would be go to Germany on holiday and stay in a hotel. While you’re there, you can experience life and then speak to someone about getting a permanent work visa.

  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    I have dual citizenship (USA/Canada) and I had to contact the Canadian consulate to get all the paperwork done. Because I have one American parent and one Canadian parent, some fine print buried deep in US and Canadian law says that I'm eligible for dual citizenship. But I'm not sure if that's the case for all people and all countries. In other words, you might have to relinquish your US citizenship when you get your German citizenship so make sure you ask about that before you make any final decisions. But, yeah, if I were you I'd start by contacting the German consulate and/or embassy in your city.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.