Trade an unused SOCOM 16 for a 1984 IMI Uzi 9mm with 20 rds through it and 7 32 rd mags? The trade would be straight up. Thoughts/suggestion?

The SOCOM 16 uses the military/metric version of the 308 which is a great round for hunting most game in the USA. In other words, if you want to go hunting coyotes, deer or small bears you got the gun to do it. Plus it is pretty accurate so you do not need to get up close and personal. The Uzi 9mm is a pistol. It is not practical for concealed carry, hunting or even target shooting as it is a close range gun and not all that accurate. If you have some other rifle that you can use to hunt, fine but I would not trade away a useful rifle for a gimmick gun that really has no use other than to waste ammo.

• Phil

I have an IMI Uzi and I shoot the sh*t out of it. I bought it new back in 86. I also have an M1A that I have never shot. I don't know why, probably because I shoot my FAL and HK91 more. It up to you. IMI Uzis have a collector value as I only paid $600 for mine and can still get $1500 for it easily. And it is alot of fun no matter what people say about it being a range toy or what not.

Socoms are loud and obnoxious and pretty miserable to shoot. Which is why I went with a full length rifle.

Not a good trade but I do not understand the comment about the Socom. They are a little too high but they look and shoot very good.

• SM

Tucker, the choice of doing this trade will ultimately be your decision. My thoughts would be, what are going to use it for? Are you looking for a something as a collector item or just the novelty? Is this something that you expect to have 15 years from now? Those are some of things I ask when I look at a firearm. If this is a IMI Uzi and has the original mags then the cost wouldn't be an issue depending on the accessories you have on your SOCOM. Again in the end it's a decision that you will have to make and live with.

Hunting and guns are very dangerous

• BBean

Where are you guys when I need to do a dandy deal? I wouldn`t trade a SOCOM 16 for 2 UZI s. UZIs are no more than a range toy that had its 15 minutes of fame in the early 80`s.

The only UZIs that bring the big bucks are the NFA regulated ones.

• ?

Ok....ask yourself this...who puts 20 rounds through a ( 1984 ) gun but has 7 spare mags for it ? Does that make sense to anyone ?

Some collector and ffl would have to be awful hard up for such a trade. Topping that off, the Uzi is a cheapie.

I wouldn't want it.

The .308 Socom is a bargain basement gun, overrated, over priced.