Lv 6

What is this?!Found in a secondhand store,THEY didn't know.Hand in the back's for scale(adult man)it's 14-16 in" came w/some antique tools?

It looks like a surgery tool called a stent (artery expander) made of rough steel mesh, attached to a loop handle of slim steel cable

Attachment image

1 Answer

  • Joe
    Lv 7
    2 years ago
    Favourite answer

    I'm pretty sure that it's a "cable pulling sleeve".

    You insert the end of an electrical cable all the way through the mesh part. It will tighten around the cable when you put tension on the loop, and you can pull rather hard on the loop to pull the cable through a conduit.

    • PhotonX
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

      I've heard them called fish cables, too.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.