I don't understand this reference?

Okay so there is an episode of the Powerpuff Girls called "Cootie Gras" and it's about a childish fear of cooties, since it's a kid cartoon. I read that the name of the episode is a reference to Mardi Gras, the holiday. I know what Mardi Gras is, but I don't understand how "Cootie... show more Okay so there is an episode of the Powerpuff Girls called "Cootie Gras" and it's about a childish fear of cooties, since it's a kid cartoon.
I read that the name of the episode is a reference to Mardi Gras, the holiday. I know what Mardi Gras is, but I don't understand how "Cootie Gras" makes sense as a reference.
All they did was remove the first word and put "Gras" at the end, how is that creative or a pun?
It'd be like naming it "Cootie Solstice" and saying it's a reference to the Winter or Summer solstice.