Is being a gentleman considered a liberal behavior or a conservative behavior?

Like for instance it's supposed to be a man's job to leave the door open for a woman...... NEVER HITTING A WOMAN BACK....... Sleeping on the couch after argument....... Bending down on his knees and proposing to a woman....... Pulling the chair out for a woman when she enters the kitchen...... Taking off his coat and laying it down on a puddle for a woman to walk on....... Blue for boys and pink for girls....... Standing up when a woman enters the living room...... Never reporting to the police that the woman assaulted him in domestic violence and ends up going to jail for his stupidity by taking the blame...... Saying ladies first....... Paying for the woman in restaurants and clubs..... Being a White Knight...... All that I listed are these types of behaviors found among liberal men or conservative men. Would you expect a gentleman or a White Knight to be a liberal man or a conservative man if so why do they do these things?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 years ago
    Favourite answer

As you correctly assumed. be gentlemanly is definitely not a progressive leftist reformist behavior. I'm a conservative. except, I condone hitting a woman back... equality. "If you feel you are man enough to hit a man, you better be man enough to take a hit from a man."

To answer the final question: Would you expect a gentleman or a White Knight to be a liberal man or a conservative man if so why do they do these things? White-knighting is a leftist thing, being a gentleman is a conservative thing. Progressive men have been taught to believe that treating a woman like a woman is sexist.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

For me it was MANDATORY!

I was commissioned as 'An Officer and a Gentleman'

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

Being considerate of others, regardless of gender, is more typically liberal behavior, though not necessarily.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    3 years ago

White knights are more likely to be liberal men, while gentlemen are more likely to be conservative men.

Taking off your coat and putting it into a puddle is stupid no matter your intent. All that will happen is that the water will go right through your coat, make your coat useless from that point on, and change nothing about the puddle situation.

It would also be really dumb to pull out a chair every time a woman enters the kitchen.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 years ago

The Charms of a Conservative Disposition

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2015/05/...

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

This is not a political issue both can either be a gentleman or not this is part of macho behavior which originates from Europe you don't need to do all these things for a woman that's your own choice

• 3 years ago

It is a social behavior. And you don’t “leave” the door open for a woman, you hold it open for her.

• 3 years ago

Tradition....?

• Anonymous
    3 years ago

These are not liberal/conservative behaviours. These are just things PEOPLE are capable of doing, irregardless of their political stance. You thinking that it does, is retarded.

• 3 years ago

Both. There’s no politics when it comes to norms and values

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.