So I ve been with a company for 9 years. I ve been offered Salary from hourly.?

This was my response. And he hasn t given an answer yet. I appreciate the Salary offer. I really do. My thing is right now before taxes I’m making 1187.50 a check. That’s with 40hrs regular pay and 5hrs a week overtime pay. 1187.50 for 26 weeks is 30,875.00 a year. If I were to accept the $27,500.00 a year, I... show more This was my response. And he hasn t given an answer yet.

I appreciate the Salary offer. I really do. My thing is right now before taxes I’m making 1187.50 a check. That’s with 40hrs regular pay and 5hrs a week overtime pay. 1187.50 for 26 weeks is 30,875.00 a year. If I were to accept the $27,500.00 a year, I would be taking a huge cut in pay working the same amount of hours. I love doing the work I do. When I’m at work, I am constantly working. I don’t mind this at all. As hard as it is for me to complain, because I am a really appreciative person, I just can’t see myself taking a cut like this. I hope you understand. And I hope I didn’t upset you. I promise to not let you down. I am A very loyal employee. And love what I do. If you would like, I could break down to you all my duties. Taking a salary, I wouldn’t just only work 40hrs. I would still require to work 45 hours a week atleast if not more. My intensions, are to not get you upset at all, just wanted to give you my opinion of why I didn’t agree. .....
What do you guys think. I didn t want to take a pay cut. It now I m scared to lose my job. This I approach this correctly. Can I get fired for this. Is this a big possibility? I didnt ask for more than what I was making now. I just said that the offer would be less than what I m making now.
I replied again and asked if he may have had time to reply to me on this issue and is only response was I have not. It will when I do.

Thanks in advance.