How can you print writing on stamped(debossed) material?

I have pieces of stainless steel that are stamped and we would like to add some color in the stamped area. Our current screen printing setup doesn t allow for the ink to make it to all the corners of the stamped area. Does anyone have an answer ?

3 Answers

  • John
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    What we do in a similar situation is to fill the recesses with color, let them dry just a certain amount, and then wipe off the top surface with a pad soaked in solvent. There's some finesse involved with timing and technique, but once conquered it works well. In the end we bake it at maybe 150F or something (not precise....) I don't do ink enough to talk about, I'm talking about paint, usually a special black antiquing paint.

  • A pad printer would likely work.

    They're good for a lot of thing with strange angles. Since the printing head is flexible, you don't need a flat surface.

  • gerald
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    a paint brush you do have hands don't you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.