Ever since Donald Trump took office. There is increasing amount of people who are applying for their naturalization to become a US citizen?

Why are so many of them applying?

• Lisa A

They are afraid of being deported. Citizens can't be deported.

Because Trump is a lunatic, who talks about deporting US citizens as well as permanent residents.

So everyone who was formerly content to live int he US, pay taxes, work, etc... is trying to ensure that he won't arbitrarily deport or arrest them for being foreigners.

I naturalised before the last election so that I could vote against Crooked Hillary. Maybe others felt the same way?

They want to stay.

Because they want to become an official part of America becoming great again - become citizens of the US instead of some other country.

Because they believe Trump will deport them

I would assume that the increased scrutinization of the legality of a person who is not a citizen, whether they entered illegally, or overstayed a vacation, work or school VISA, is prompting more to go ahead an apply for citizenship.