Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 year ago

Why do atheists believe that the universe has no cause and it magically came out of nothing.?

The atheist belief that there was nothing and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason creating everything and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason what so ever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Gee atheists are stupid.

Update:

Nice try at transferring this topic away from R&S. Yep, the transfer TROLL Mandrake failed again.

46 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Best answer

I am an atheist but I don't believe that, and I have never heard any atheist claim to *believe* that.

Personally I just think that saying, "I don't know the answer" to the question 'Where did the universe come from?' is more honest.

• Caesar
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

We don't need any cosmology theory or any science to honestly disbelieve the invisible entities some theist call gods.

Theists are the ones that believe that the universe cause was that it magically came out of nothing just words, from their gods....Gee Zeus or better Gee Cronos

Any stupid atheist knows that atheism is not science but some theist keep making these types of arguments against scientific theories. For me, these questions just keep proving their theistic brain were not designed by any gods or maybe explain why will gods need to hide in shame invisible like you posting anonymous...shame

• 1 year ago

I'm an atheist, but I think the universe is eternal. It never "created itself" because it has no beginning. I also think the universe will eventually stop expanding and collapse back in on itself. I always find it amazing that the Big Bang theory is so widely accepted despite the fact that it contradicts the first law of thermodynamics.

• 1 year ago

“You see, the religious people — most of them — really think this planet is an experiment. That's what their beliefs come down to. Some god or other is always fixing and poking, messing around with tradesmen's wives, giving tablets on mountains, commanding you to mutilate your children, telling people what words they can say and what words they can't say, making people feel guilty about enjoying themselves, and like that. Why can't the gods leave well enough alone? All this intervention speaks of incompetence. If God didn't want Lot's wife to look back, why didn't he make her obedient, so she'd do what her husband told her? Or if he hadn't made Lot such a shithead, maybe she would've listened to him more. If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants? Why's he constantly repairing and complaining? No, there's one thing the Bible makes clear: The biblical God is a sloppy manufacturer. He's not good at design, he's not good at execution. He'd be out of business if there was any competition.” ― Carl Sagan

"Does it mean, if you don’t understand something, and the community of physicists don’t understand it, that means God did it? Is that how you want to play this game? Because if it is, here’s a list of things in the past that the physicists at the time didn't understand [and now we do understand.] If that’s how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on - so just be ready for that to happen, if that’s how you want to come at the problem." Neil deGrasse Tyson

-If the Universe needs a creator, why doesn't god?

If god doesn't need a creator, why does the Universe ?-

Checkmate, moron.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Atheism, cosmology, and evolution are for grownups. You aren't expected to understand. We are under no obligation to adopt your superstitious, wishful thinking in order to help you feel more secure in your fragile faith.

• Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Especially when science proves us correct. Lmfao! 😁

• 1 year ago

Scientific atheists don't believe any of that nonsense. Shame on you for misrepresenting the truth.

The Big Bang began the passage of time itself and converted a stupendous amount of cosmic energy released by the collision of dimensional "branes" into all the mass in the Universe, consistent with E=mc^2.

• ?1 year agoReport

Where did the branes come from? Where did dimensions come from?

• 1 year ago

We don't.

You're just repeating a strawman.

Here's an equally accurate description of Jesus Christ:

He was an Asian transsexual living in Tokyo in the 2240's who taught salvation through a symbolic meal of cheese and bacon.

Maybe put down your creationist talking points and go learn what the actual theories in question say.

• Jojoboy1 year agoReport

I would imagine him eating noodles. Cheese and bacon is hard to get in Tokyo.

• 1 year ago

You're talking about "the lowest common denominator."

It's equally believable -- or unbelievable, depending on your point of view -- to say a Supreme Being created the universe as to say the universe always was. How can anything always have been?

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Jojoboy1 year agoReport

Alex, can't tell if ur a dude because of ur name, or a female beacuse of ur picture, but u need to choke on a penis.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

That sounds more like the opening story of Genesis than anything an atheist might say. In fact, I've never heard an atheist say that. There seems to be real confusion in this section as to what an atheist is. Also, you might try a science site that explains the Big Bang Theory, along with other cosmology things. There's no need to be this confused.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It takes a lot of faith to be an atheist

Attachment image
    • Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

U think u make urself sound intelligent by describing us in ways that so totally don't apply and couldn't be more wrong, while thinking u make us look stupid by describing us as having beliefs, and magical ones at that. It's religion that's based in MAGIC, not SCIENCE. And atheism isn't a religion.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.