Confused about flash triggers, receivers and remote?

I m fairly new starting out in photography and I m confused about flash triggers, receivers and remotes. I have done lots of research but still don t get it! Basically, I have a Nikon D850, and I need to get a flash trigger + receiver and separate shutter remote that I can have the option on syncing with, the... show more I m fairly new starting out in photography and I m confused about flash triggers, receivers and remotes. I have done lots of research but still don t get it!

Basically, I have a Nikon D850, and I need to get a flash trigger + receiver and separate shutter remote that I can have the option on syncing with, the trigger + receiver.

I can t seem to find an all in one flash trigger & receiver and remote product. Why do I have to buy them separately? Can 2 different brands still sync up? and what would you recommend for my Nikon D850?

Please no nasty comments, thanks