What makes modern rap so popular?

This might be an unpopular opinion of mine, but what makes modern rap so popular? The majority of teens whom I’m friends with seem to love this type of music and listen to nothing else? (Drake, Kanye, etc...) I’ve tried to listen to modern rap, but I just can’t get into it. It just doesn’t sound that good to me. Why do so many teens love modern rap so much?

• 1 year ago

Always new and attractive

1 year ago

The beats are good

• 1 year ago

Because we live in the modern day.

• blank
    1 year ago

Some,I repeat some is actually good.I like old school Rap as well as new school.But as people get older times change.Some kids now a days are into the beat.There are some that do like the Rapping part.But a lot of words they rhyme with that word again.Kids are just adapting with the changes fort he most part too.

I am actually 28 and can tell you first hand Rap has changed and kids adapted to the change.I got into Rap at a really early age so I have seen it evolved and some of it not in good ways.

• 1 year ago

A generation that had Rap new.

• 1 year ago

The simplistic beats and mindless lyrics, it's easier for young people to vibe and bob their heads to some Lil Uzi Vert or some Cardi B than something that takes actual skill or talent to make. They just like something that is catchy and that bangs in their car, these youngins ain't trynna analyze the lyrical complexities of Lupe Fiasco, understand the emotional depth of some 2Pac or think about the puns and wordplay of Big Pun, they just like the beats and auto-tune effects in the music, they could care less about what is being said over the beats. A rapper could be rapping about going to the bathroom or brushing their teeth or eating breakfast and they would still eat it up and bob their little heads to it as long as the beat is "bangin" and the adlibs are lit.

• Actually its you whos not listening to the lyrics. Youll hear a mgk and think its lyrical cause its fast but dudes bars are trash. Youll hear a lil tjay and because hes using auto tune and singing youll assume its not lyrical. Your being fooled by the sound. Try reading the lyrics

• 1 year ago

Because you don’t listen to the right stuff. There’s plenty of modern rap that’s still poetic.,

• 1 year ago

Its what the fans want

• 1 year ago

probably cause a lot of people like it

• Mike
    1 year ago

Because people do things because people do things. Modern rap very much fits American culture these days. I got mine and I don't care if you got yours is the credo. Also the blatant narcissism is something which many vapid people and young adults aspire to these days. We live in some backwards times.