Is it normal for a person to feel depressed after turning 18?

I turned 18 a few days ago, and have been feeling depressed. I feel like I am ahead of my peers and feel different. I started senior year of hs today and most of my peers will start turning 18 in about 5 to 6 months. I also feel like I am not mentally ready for the responsibilities that await. All my life I have... show more I turned 18 a few days ago, and have been feeling depressed. I feel like I am ahead of my peers and feel different. I started senior year of hs today and most of my peers will start turning 18 in about 5 to 6 months. I also feel like I am not mentally ready for the responsibilities that await. All my life I have been suffering from mental illness such as depression and certain phobias that add mad amounts of anxiety to me. I just don't feel like an adult should have this weak mind.