Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 2 years ago

This guy got all in my face because I "touched" his bike. He was an oaf?

I really don't understand if you cause a problem, surely you deserve what happens if you don't take responsibility. I believe its a true "cycle" *ironic* - what goes around comes around. So I try to enter a shop, and there's a bike just inside lying all over the door way. I try and hop over but can't and trip sort of on the wheel. So I pick up the bike and sort of throw it on to the street as best I can. Its heavy. Well I guess the noise of it scraping along the road alerts the owner I assume and comes from somewhere inside and yelling at me and is in my face I tell him to back off or I will scream rape, and then the store worker comes and gets us both to leave. Did he deserve all (or more ) that he got ?? Is there an authority that could deal with this oaf?

Definitely happened MouldHippie. It was at my local shop, and he was balding, tall in late 20s so NOT a kid and quite intimidating to me a woman. So thanks for your further MISOGYNY!!, adding to my anxiety for confronting a bully, now you are further bullying me by not believing understanding when a woman is subjected to male bullying. I'm anonymous because of this very reason.

Favorite Answer

You're getting all bent out of shape over this? OK...let me run these scenarios past you. Did you ever have to stop & wait for a bus to drop off and/or pick up passengers? Have you ever seen a car double parked on the street & you had to wait for a clear opening to go around? Have you ever had that one fat person in the grocery store leave their cart on one side of the isle while they look for an item on the other side?

Entrance-ways & exits get temporarily blocked from time to time. People sometimes do stupid stuff. Get over it. What if you owned that car double parked on the street? And while you ducked inside for just a moment a tow truck came along & latched onto it? That's exactly what you did to that guy's bike.

Take a chill pill. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

1 year ago

I am not too sure what you mean by OAF,

and what kind of bike it was or how valuable it is, but you sound like a douche.

The whole society is not safe.

• David

What on Earth made you think throwing it into the street was an appropriate response?

If you see a bag on a seat you want, do you pick that up and throw it out too?

OK, so the guy was a bit inconsiderate, but YOU were deliberately vindictive.

The courteous thing to have done would've been to ask if someone could move the bike so you could enter the store. You need to grow up. You certainly had no right to throw it into the street.

However the worst thing you did was threatening to scream rape on the person. It's people like you who cry wolf that make it hard for actual rape victims to be believed.

Like I said you need to grow up. This has nothing to do with a misogynistic view (an ingrained prejudice against women). You may want to be seen as a woman who stands up to male bullying. However what you're actually displaying is you're a woman who has anger issues against men. Which probably stem from you having a severe case of penis envy.

Source(s): Motorized bicycle owner and builder.

Awww...

Doesn't matter if you're a male or a female. Just move the darn thing out of the way & get on with your life. If that's the worst thing that happened to me in a day, I'd call it a good day.

Why did you feel the need to 'throw it on to the street'? I suppose you've never inadvertently left a shopping cart in the middle of an isle while looking for a product. Then you'd be the one blocking the way for other people.

I smell a TROLL. A true "cyclist" would NEVER leave his or her bike lying in the entrance to a store. Maybe...and I mean MAYBE a kid with a BMX bike would do this. It's happened to me when a bunch of kids were playing around & one of them left his bike lying in my driveway. I picked it up & rolled it out of the way.

Why is that so friggin' hard? Just another anonymous post from a member of the "Blue Man Group" SMDH

the oaf seems to be the one who tripped over a bike and then, in a fit of rage, threw it in the street