My sister feels like it’s my duty to help her with her kids?

She had a baby the guy wasn’t around a lot then she has another baby from him. Somehow she seems it’s my responsibility to help her with her kids. Her baby is three weeks old, she’s quick to go other places but when it comes to take her two year old to daycare she doesn’t want to and bring up her restrictions. So I told her I will no longer do it because I’m tired I get home 12 am every night. It has been living hell room mating with her. Thing is her baby’s father offer to help but she tries to look so independent for him. Then she talks about needing help with her infant when she goes back to work every day. I told her no. Am I wrong?

26 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago

Babysitters gotta get paid xP

• 1 year ago

Make her pay you for it?

• 1 year ago

What kids

• 1 year ago

Not your job, it's hers. Tell her that. The dad is an equal partner in parenting, it's not just her job, it's there job together. Tell her to talk to him and split the childcare duties.

• online1 year agoReport

Try to follow these tips to avoid getting into a fight with your brother or sister:

Take a deep breath and think a bit. ...
      Remind yourself that you have special talents. ...
      Try to congratulate your siblings on their achievements and share their happiness.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

As a aunty or uncle it is not your duty but you can still be there for them but i can see where shes coming from because even if u are with the baby father its still diffucult to look after kids. but its not ur duty unless they are ur kids!

• 1 year ago

It is not your responsibility or duty at all. Fair enough if you are nice enough to help her out now and then (as families do), but she has got to stop demanding help from you. Plenty of other single mothers cope without any offers of assistance at all and do a great job. The fact that she is rejecting any help from her ex partner is just ridiculous. That is surely something special that not all mothers receive. Kind of insulting to the mothers out there that would just love to hear that offer! She has to stop complaining to you, take a reality check and learn to gracefully accept help from the father.

• Zhu
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

This IS what "family values" are about. Someone took care of YOU!

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

u know the right answer to this-that's why you're asking

• Linda
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

You are NOT wrong! Your sister is WRONG! Flat out tell her to take care of her own kids.

• 1 year ago

Pl do it--she requires your assistance.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.