I am new to photography business. How much should i charge for a graduation class composite?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

Check how others are charging.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

"How long is a piece of string?" as the old saying goes. You need to take local conditions into account. Where in the world will you be working? Are people generally rich or poor around there? Etc, etc.

And indeed the simple possession of a (good, we hope!) camera does not make you a "professional photographer".

• 1 year ago

This is going to sound rude, but if you are having to ask such a question in a place like Yahoo Answers, you are a long long way from being a "photography business". The other answers have already given you some good details as to why this is so. Owning a camera is NOT a business in a box.

• Frank
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Depends upon the area in which you work, what the image is being used for, and the client's budget. If making a composite for a business who's going to use the image in a national or global advertisement, I'd charge significantly more than a soccer mom who wants a composite of her kid.

In your case, it sounds like you're doing this for a parent or a student. Therefore I would first need to estimate the amount of time and materials used to create the composite, and go from there. Remember, you must include your time (i.e. salary) as part of the cost to produce the composite. Hopefully this is already something that's automatic to you, which I would assume it is.

Once you have a cost calculated, I'd triple that amount and quote that to the client.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Two words: Business. Plan.

You should have figured this out by determining your cost of doing business. No one here can possibly tell you what to charge.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.