Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 year ago

Where would Jimi Hendrix be if he didn't die in 1970?

35 Answers

Relevance
  • lkl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

On stage Rocking during a rare appearance maintaining his fan' happiness.

• 1 year ago

He Would Be Sitting On A Beach In Hawaii Listening To David Bowie

• He would have died in Vietnam..

• 1 year ago

I think he would have built his state of the art recording studio and quietly worked behind scenes with guitarists and musicians, maybe make some savvy, wise stock market share investments....maybe own a chain of music shops and restaurants......all the while living semi-reclusive on some paradisiac island.

He would have found inventive ways to keep his superstardom alive in the decades ahead; Jimi's star in music legend fame would no time soon fade or burn out.

Hendrix was a Army machine gunner during the Korean War ( hence his inspiration for the song, "Machine Gun" )--and he VERY QUIETLY, supported U.S. vets serving in Korea and Vietnam wars; he actually spent $$$ through trusted friends, who sought out and met these war worn vets who needed a friend and some help.

So I think Jimi would bring THAT hidden side of him out more, as the 80's progressed on towards the eventual "War on Terror"---but he also would stand AGAINST these war conflicts.

Had Jimi lived on---I'd look for him in Northern Mississippi---maybe close to Memphis, seriously grooving to down home Delta blues guitar......maybe he'd made some quiet cameo visits to New Orleans.

Jimi would drift along where any artist would have arrived to---and just do what his artist within him sought to do.

Jimi would have LOVED to be there for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

• MrGrumpy
      Lv 5
      1 year agoReport

Hendrix was never a Machine Gunner during the Korean war, he was only 11 years old when the armistice was signed in 1953. He was in the army from 1961 to 1962 being discharged due to an injury but never saw any active service.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

theres no way anyone can know that

• 1 year ago

In London, UK!!

• 1 year ago

I think he would have shied away from the spot light, bought a house on some island, and just be sittin under trees and playing.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I think that if God had given him just 16 or 17 more years, he would have done a collaboration with The Butthole Surfurs. And that would have been badazz!!

Source(s): 8868
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

In some kind of an almhous?

• 1 year ago

Jimi Hendrix was a guitar legend before he died, but became even bigger in death. Still, I for one, was not much of a fan. His music remains an acquired taste. Either you're mesmerized by his guitar, or like me, just hear guitar noise.

My favorite decade of music is the Super Seventies, and many, many great guitarists came from that era. And, I'm sure many have Hendrix to thank for his influence, but my favorite guitarists don't sound anything like Hendrix. And, that's not a knock on them or praise on Hendrix, it's a testimonial to how some of the greatest guitarists of all time didn't have to sound like Jimi Hendrix.

Again, his music is an acquired taste. And, I'm not sure how he would have transitioned to the ever changing music of the 70's. Guitarists, in particular, went in many directions--rock, jazz, punk, pop, progressive, and easy listening to name some. Santana, who was also at Woodstock, changed with the times, and is still making great music nearly 50 years later. So, I'm not sure how Jimi Hendrix and his music would have adjusted to the changing times.

Jimi Hendrix has been described by The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as "arguably the greatest instrumentalist in the history of rock music." I strongly disagree. Hendrix wasn't around long enough, some four years, to be described with so much admiration. What the Beatles did with their music in four years, no one has ever done. But, calling Hendrix the greatest instrumentalists in Rock history is stretching it a lot. And, it's a slap in the face of some of Rock's greatest drummers, keyboard players, and guitarists, who have been playing for some 60+ years. Here's just some I consider greater instrumentalists of their time:

- Jimmy Page (guitar)

- Eric Clapton (guitar)

- Jeff Beck (guitar)

- Eddie Van Halen (guitar)

- Neil Peart (drums)

- Steve Gadd (drums)

- Keith Emerson (keyboards)

- Rick Wakeman (keyboards)

Regardless of Jimi Hendrix' influence during his short time playing, he will continue to be considered the greatest guitarist of all time, and we will never know what could've been. But, I do know one thing, his body of work pales in comparison to many, many guitarists past and present.

Van Halen - On Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6z-nxAYhGw

Youtube thumbnail

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.