Best advice for buying baby clothes? Or where to buy it?

I’m thinking about putting him/her in plain onesies for the majority of the first year or so. I know they grow like weeds and so I don’t want to waste a ton of money buying “cute” clothes that they’ll grow out of in a month or so. I know I can obviously resell these items, but is that the best bet? I mean, of... show more I’m thinking about putting him/her in plain onesies for the majority of the first year or so. I know they grow like weeds and so I don’t want to waste a ton of money buying “cute” clothes that they’ll grow out of in a month or so. I know I can obviously resell these items, but is that the best bet? I mean, of course I’ll want to dress my baby up every now and then, but generally speaking. Do any moms know where to buy bundles of onesies, or good, decently priced baby stores in general? Also, I’m seeing a lot of “0-3” month labeled things in my searches. How often exactly would you say babies grow out of their clothes? I realize it’s different for everyone, but on average. Thank you so much for any help, i’m going to be a young mom and of course my baby will be cared for and loved as much a possible, i just don’t think it’s very necessary to be all flashy with the clothes or “baby shoes” and stuff.
13 answers 13