Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Why does the left condemn a Christian's anti-gay beliefs but support a Muslim's anti-gay beliefs?

When a Muslim believes gay people should be killed for their sexuality, the left immediately says "They can believe that way because its their religion" but when a Christian even says one thing about gay people, the left immediately jumps to "They are so homophobic! What is wrong with them?" What is with this double standard?

• 1 year ago

That is a rather sweeping generalization don t you think? True, I think the left goes easier on Muslims in general than Christians but I can t remember a single leftist accommodating Muslim homophobia. Perhaps you could give an example.

• 1 year ago

It is because Christians do not kill journalists, cartoonists, or pundits. It is safe to say anything about Christians and Christianity.

• 1 year ago

For the same reason that the right condems government aided contraception and child planning for underprivileged citizens... and is then surprised by the need for abortions... Or maybe the same reason that the right wants to deport all immigrants, but then also feels that produce at the super market is getting too expensive... Or maybe it's the same reason that the right elects a person who clearly only has his own interests and interests of the rich at heart, when people who voted for him are clearly not rich but still elected somebody who is going to stomp on all their hopes and aspirations anyway :)

honestly... look at what you just said... you are either a troll, or a blatant moron... please let me know which one. I am ever so curious.

• perry m1 year agoReport

there is never a "Need" for abortions it is NEVER EVER a Necessary procedure

• 1 year ago

They want to to give away another man's money.

• Alan H
    1 year ago

As a Christian Socialist, I stand very much on the Left.

I support ALL right of belief. Or non-belief.

The early church had all things in common.

Only in the USA does the term Christian Right have any resonance.

Elsewhere the church is largely on the left, as from its inception.

• Neengefan
      1 year agoReport

Loretta You Fox news faithfuls are really fvcked up!! You support a prolific liar, tax evader, talks out of both sides of his mouth. Calls Dr Ford "very credible" then in Miss. defames her. None of comment is factual! Trump followers assume it's O.K. to lie because he does it. you don't seek facts

• 1 year ago

Jesus support lesbian but muslim reject it.

• perry m1 year agoReport

and since Jesus was God in human form he did condemn them

• Nick
    1 year ago

Religion is like poison ivy.

• 1 year ago

They must love muslims.

1 year ago

I think republicans don’t represent Americans who are gay. It doesn’t stop them from voting though...

• 1 year agoReport

Republicans represent everyone. We don't group people up for political points like Democrats do.

• 1 year ago

Why do Christians condemn Muslims for homophobia when they're homophobic themselves?

• Pen1 year agoReport

Christians disagreeing with homosexual behavior s not necessarily hating though some people who claim to be Christians do hate gays. I find that the liberals, really leftists, are the ones who have the hate: toward Christians and others who don't share their liberal/leftist beliefs.