Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 year ago

My dog won’t eat HolisticLife® vegan dog food?

50 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Your dog will slowly waste away on a vegan diet. Come on, feed your dog the appropriate diet for a carnivorous animal. What did your Vet say when you told them about a vegan diet? I don't think any Vet would suggest that at all.

• STEPHEN
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

All the people that gave this answer TDs are wrong. Dogs are NOT true carnivores. They are omnivores that are capable of living on a vegan diet.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

Poor dog

• 1 year ago

Before dogs were owned by humans, they used to have a meat only diet. You are probably doing more harm feeding your dog vegan food that meat. NOT A GOOD IDEA.

• ron h
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

find a new home for you dog. Find someone who will feed him properly. You're killing him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

this is a problem if you have it pull or some dog like that give your dog meat so it can feel at home all dogs are carnivores maybe feed it a few plants now and then but most of all give it meat your dogs still need a based diet unless you want the dog to get fat xD but no joke give it its dairy plants and meat and you should be good and if your wondering if dogs don't need a diet well think again all animals depend on plants and without plants no animals so still give it a diet.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

LOL! Dogs and humans are meat eaters! Humans are omnivorous, so they can get by going vegan (barely), but dogs are carnivores who have the ability to taste and metabolize simple carbohydrates (sugars).

In my opinion, forcing your dog to be vegan is animal abuse.

• 1 year ago

A vegan diet is not good for dogs...but vegetarian probably.

• 1 year ago

DOGS ARE NOT VEGANS, THEY ARE CARNIVOROUS...MEAT, MEAT, MEAT, MEAT. Dogs are meat eaters. They have to have meat, the more meat the better.

I love the pics that Latcho posts of his dogs eating what they catch. He has no food bill, the dogs feed them selves & him too. Raw is much better for dogs, dripping with blood, They LOVE it.

• 1 year ago

Because your dog is smarter than you. Dogs need a meat based diet. They are carnivores.

If you want a vegan pet.. Get a rabbit or a guinea pig

• 1 year ago

So then feed your dog a meat based dog food, preferably one that's grain free. You might be a vegetarian or vegan, but your dog is not. My oldest Son chooses to eat a vegan diet, but he would NEVER feed a dog a vegan dog food. He's smarter than that and he knows that dogs are carnivores.

• Kate1 year agoReport

Grain free dog foods are currently being investigated by the FDA because of their link to canine heart disease. I wouldn't recommend feeding that to your dog. If your dog has food allergies, find a hypoallergenic dog food.

• 1 year ago

That's too bad. What's your question?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.