Would a Republican president ever nominate someone to the Supreme Court without knowing for sure how they stand on Roe V Wade?

Isn't Kavanaugh's only purpose in existing is to overturn Roe v Wade? Would conservatives accept any other nominee than an anti-abortionist? Are Liberals supposed to believe he has no partisan views on the issue of abortion?

Update:

Why dont you just answer the question instead of moving it?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Best answer

Ever since the Citizen's United decision the Supreme Court has demonstrated they are purely a political vehicle. They have zero credibility and have defeated the purpose for which the Supreme Court was formed.

• robert43041
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

I agree. And it is sad that the US Supreme court is so politically chosen and biaised at times

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

jjtrut

• 1 year ago

That's okay. The next time Democrats control Congress, they can just add a couple of more liberal justices to the SCOTUS since the Constitution has no limit on the number allowed.

• 1 year ago

dems have zero thoughts about anything kavanaugh will deliberate on but taking away the worker supported already rich entity of state paid PPH

it is their holy sacrament

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Yes there is a slight chance...

• Nick
    Lv 5
    1 year ago

Good question

• It’s possible.

• 1 year ago

Yes Republicans have nominated judges who did not support their ideas.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

They've been in power over 50 years on and off and haven't made a dent in abortion. They promise but never deliver. They string along right wing religious conservatives year after year after year after year.

• 1 year ago

Regan appointee Sandra Day O'Connor:

"Although I am personally against abortion I would never allow my personal feelings to interfere with my solemn duties as a jurist and my responsibility to uphold the Constitution."

Clinton appointee Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

"I don't have to answer that. I won't answer that and you can't ask me that..."

Obama appointee Sonia Sotomayor:

"I would hope my being a wise Latina woman would give me a richer perspective in making decisions than a white man..."

• Professor
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

No con troll on this site ever says anything that is true.

• 1 year ago

Why one Earth would you think all Republicans want to overturn Roe vs. Wade? Just because I am a Republican that does not mean I want to revert to the stone age.

• Lv 6
      1 year agoReport

Republicans SAY they want to overturn Rove vs. Wade, constantly. It's why conservatives VOTE Republican (among other reasons).

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.