Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 year ago

Why do people tell panhandlers to get a job?

As if it's so easy, as if that could happen in a day? Just say sorry wish I could help you and just keep walking, it takes a lot of nerve to act like a smartass to people who are all ready going through hell, people who show no compassion for the suffering remind of the ss guards during the holoucoust

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree with you, but I have seen 2 sides of the story. On one hand, I usually feel sorry for them, but I've seen some who are plain out rude and deserve to be on the streets.

One time some ugly skinny dude walking a dog asked me for change, I told him I only have my card on me (which was true), he gives me a dead serious look and tells me "Want me to be a smart-@ss? I have a card reader." He said it with such a rude tone, so I told him to get the f*ck out of my face.

Then I saw one homeless guy, who begged for change and got mad because someone gave him an apple and a banana. He was mad, because he wanted change to get booze, not food.

So yeah, generally I feel bad for people having a rough time, but there are some people out there who are serious pieces of sh!t and deserve to be where they're at.

• T'rone
    1 year ago

Because the working classed are hammered 50 times a day and usually by people who are young and capable of working. Lived in NYC, Seattle and SF and never spent more than 10$ on bums in all the years I lived there. Won't give money to them.

• 1 year agoReport

Its the rich people that are often the biggest jerks to them

• lkl
    1 year ago

The ones around here are professional beggars, so we always keep bottled water for summer heats cause they always want money for water.

1 year ago

SS Officers did far worse during the Holocaust so let's not get crazy. But yes, most people who beg for money in the streets have huge impediments to being able to hold a job. Most are either mentally ill, chronically addicted or both so it's not just a simple matter of deciding to go find work.

1 year ago

The employed do not understand how impossibly difficult it can be, particularly if one is unemployed long enough to lose one's housing situation.

• k am
    1 year ago

:(