Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBoats & Boating · 2 years ago

I want to build this boat out of plywood, anyone have insight? Or study plans?

Might post the step by step build on YouTube, can't find the right plans I need help looking for the correct plans to buy

check the plan that Mother Earth Magazine has... It came out years ago and was actually a good boat.. I made one and used it for about 5 years before I sold it. Just be sure and use good wood and waterproof it... Use brass or stainless hardware..

See if you can get a book of Hartley boat plans

• You can build the 175 foot USS Constitition. That's a wooden boat, and you can look at it if you have questions how its put together or where to put the masts and junk.

Well that will never ever happen so I will not waste my time!

• fuzzy

Almost any shape can be made from plywood by cold moulding, double diagonal planking, scarphing etc. BUT the fact that you've posted here indicates that your level of skill is inadequate. .

If you have not priced marine grade plywood, you should do that first. Then use Yahoo! to search for "boat building plans."

• Pedro2 years agoReport

Can't price it all without knowing how much I need

All you should need is a full roll of Flex Tape!

• Pedro2 years agoReport

Lol right

• JetDoc

How many times are you going to post this same STUPID question, Skippy? I told you last week where to search for boat plans. Maybe if you stop playing stupid anonymous TROLL games on the Internet, you can actually find the plans you need and you can get on with building that plywood boat.

• Pedro2 years agoReport

Not Skippy, but tell me where to find the plans for the 1987 Skeeter f140 and I'll help you find skippy

You can’t build a Skeeter 140 bass boat out of plywood as they’re made of GRP which allows for a strong structure with compound curves which are not suited to plywood construction.

So you won’t find plans for one either, as the manufacturer just laminated the GRP into their own moulds to form the hull, upper decking, and other parts such as the console. Plywood only gets used where it’s bonded into the laminates to add strength or sections intended to be drilled to accept certain fixings.

If you can borrow a suitable example of a Skeeter and have good GRP building skills, then you can create your own moulds from a complete boat and then use those to build as many close reproductions as you wish.

Note that as a mould cures it will usually shrink slightly, so unless you possess the experience and skills to know how to build onto the original master hull which you take your moulds from, the reproductions will be a little bit smaller than the originals.

• Pedro2 years agoReport

Anything is possible, I'm not looking to mass produce it, trial and error works, earlier skeeters where made of just wood planks, very informative though I'll post it when complete

Can't upload the photos, it's a 1987 Skeeter f140