Jeffrey asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

If an FBI investigation proved Ford to be lying would any of the democrats change their vote?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

If they decided to vote no only because of the accusation, probably. However many of them had decided to vote no based on his philosophy about the issues. Since that would not change regardless of the outcome of the Ford investigation, I would not expect it to change their vote.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 years ago

Those who had been wavering might. It’s legit to vote against a nominee solely because you don’t like his philosophy, so innocence is no guarantee, nor should it be.

• 2 years ago

No. This is a singular incident. It shouldn't change the direction of the country. She should be sued. Chance of it being a lie is very slim though.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

no democrats are childish whiny and hissy fit throwing loses. Just another stall tactic

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

He would be confirmed and without a cloud over his head, that is all

• 2 years ago

I think a better question is the opposite. If they knew Kavanaugh WAS guilty, would any Republicans change their vote?

Dems have other reasons for voting against Kavanaugh. Philosophical reasons. By supporting him, just as they support Trump, Repubs are showing that partisanship is more important to them than morals/ethics.

• Rob
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Pot meet kettle dems opposing him is equally partisan

• Sally
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yes, of course. You are confusing Democrats with Republicans, whose motto is "The end justifies the means." One of the frustrating things about Democrats is that they try to play by the rules, which means they often lose to cheating Republicans.

• Rob
      Lv 7
      2 years agoReport

Which party voted in lockstep again while a republican would have voted against his party? Right try some reality not liberal logic

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Their minds are made-up, don't bother them with the facts ....................................

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Not a chance. They’re too sycophantile.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

His testimony has already convinced me not to vote for him. I have no confidence in his ability to be a fair judge. He is an actor.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.