Workout for a cyclist.?

I had spent all of this summer in saddle. The results might not be that great but I was pretty satisfied. My top speed on flat used to be 30 mph on an average 10yo mountain bicycle (can’t show the calves bc a question with a photo can’t be posted). Now I won’t be able to hit the road up until next summer. But I... show more I had spent all of this summer in saddle. The results might not be that great but I was pretty satisfied. My top speed on flat used to be 30 mph on an average 10yo mountain bicycle (can’t show the calves bc a question with a photo can’t be posted).
Now I won’t be able to hit the road up until next summer. But I don’t want to lose the results. I know it’s not much but my friends were stunned by the calves of mine and my heart is gonna break to bits if I lose it.
I do walk 8 miles per day but I can definitely feel it’s not enough at all. Can someone please recommend the workout that will help to preserve the calves or even make them stronger?
I’m going to need that torque because I’m buying a road bike next summer and i desperately want to hit 50 mph. Of course, not happening if I’ll have to start from scratch.